QNUK PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID Level 3 (RQF)
QNUKEmergency Paediatric Course Level 3 (RQF)
This course focuses on emergency scenarios that are faced by professionals, including teachers, au pairs and playgroup leaders, looking after young children.
It meets Ofsted requirements for registered childminders and the requirements for nannies under the DfES Approved Carers Scheme. It can also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
Who should attend?
This course is for people working with children - those up to the medical definition of a child including teachers, classroom assistance, play workers, babysitters, scout / guiding leaders– or working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
The course covers how to deal with accidents and emergencies involving young children.
• Course content
• First aid kit
• Planning and dealing with first aid emergencies
• Treatment of an unconscious casualty
• Asthma and diabetic emergencies
• Head injuries
• Seizures and febrile convulsions
• Bleeding and Shock
• Burns and electrocution
• Sprains, strains and fractures
• Head, neck and back injuries
• Anaphylactic shock, poisoning, bites and stings
• Foreign objects / Eyes, ears and noses
• Eye injuries
• Heat stroke, heat exhaustion and hypothermia
• Childhood conditions (e.g. meningitis, sickle cell anaemia, rubella, measles and mumps).
Course duration 12 hours.
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment by the trainer.
Tallowood Training Solutions
14 Tallowood Lower Charlton
If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact us:
Or use our contact form.